Putnam County Woman Stole Several Items From Local Florist, Police Say
A Putnam County woman is accused of taking several items from a local florist shop without paying for it.
On Friday after 9 a.m., 31-year-old Avery A. McCrae of Kent allegedly entered the Carmel Flower Shop, located in the Putnam Plaza on Route 6 in Carmel and placed several items of unpurchased merchandise into her handbag and attempted to leave the store.
The shopkeeper reportedly stopped and detained McCrae and called authorities.
Arriving officers from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, charged McCrae with petit larceny, a misdemeanor. She’s due in Town of Carmel Justice Court at another time.
If found guilty, she faces up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.00, according to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.
- Massive Chipotle Data Breach Greatly Impacts Hudson Valley Customers
- Help Is Needed as Police Continue To Investigate Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Local High School Senior Killed In Rollover Crash, Classmate in Critical Condition
- Authorities Seek Help Looking For Missing Hudson Valley Woman
- 12 Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Arrested For Not Registering, Police Seek Help Finding Many
- Police Search For Missing Hudson Valley Teen
Murders, a man masturbating at a local Walmart and a fatal bug that’s spreading are a part of this week’s Top 5 local news stories.