Hudson Valley Woman Charged With Welfare Fraud
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of taking over $3,000 in welfare fraud.
Vanessa Bobo of Saugerties was arrested by the Ulster County Sheriff's Department and charged with the felonies of welfare fraud and four-counts of offering a false instrument for filing.
An investigation conducted by the Ulster County Department of Social Services Special Investigations Unit, in conjunction with the Ulster County District Attorney’s office, alleges that Bobo failed to accurately report earned income from March 2017 through Oct. 2017.
Bobo received $3,134.00 in SNAP benefits that she was not entitled to, officials say.
“It is important to remain vigilant in protecting the benefits available for those who truly need them,” Ulster County Executive Mike Hein said. “Please report any suspicions of fraud or abuse to the Special Investigations Unit by contacting the hotline at 1-855-SIU-Tips.”
Bobo was arrested under Ulster County’s “Zero Tolerance” Program.
- DA: Hudson Valley Teacher Raped High School Student
- DA: Hudson Valley Teen Painted Anti-Semitic Images at Cemetery
- You Can Now Order Food From Facebook in Hudson Valley
- Police: Drunk Man Exposed Himself on 84 in Hudson Valley
- Young Mother Missing For Nearly 600 Days May Be in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Driving With 26 Active Suspensions on License
- ATV Driver Seriously Injured in Hudson Valley Crash
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley