Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child
A Hudson Valley man admitted he sexually abused a child in a parking lot in the local area.
On Thursday in Ulster County Court, 24-year-old Leoneudi Agueda of Liberty pleaded guilty to a violent felony of criminal sexual act.
Agueda admitted that on or about June 8, 2017, he engaged in oral sexual conduct with someone who was younger than 15-years-old. Agueda also waived his right to appeal, officials say.
Agueda was arrested on June 15, 2017, following an investigation by New York State Police in Ellenville. He was indicted by an Ulster County Grand Jury for in Feb. for allegedly sexually abusing a 12-year-old in a parking area off State Route 52 in the Town of Wawarsing.
In addition, Agueda was charged by the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office with two counts of bribing a witness for offering money to two witnesses in exchange for their altered testimony in this case, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
Agueda faces a maximum sentence of seven years in state prison which can be followed by up to ten years of post-release supervision. He will be required to register for a minimum of twenty years under the New York State Sexual Offender Registration Act.
- Hudson Valley Brothers Missing After Car Crashes Into River
- Tornado-Like Winds Wrecks Popular Hudson Valley Hiking Trail
- Structure Fire Claims Life of Hudson Valley Resident
- Police: High-Risk Sex Offender Caught Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
- 23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease