Hudson Valley Man Mysteriously Found Dead on Halloween
A Hudson Valley man was found dead in his neighbor's yard on Halloween.
On Wednesday around 11:30 a.m., City of Poughkeepsie police responded to a home on Pembroke Drive in Poughkeepsie to check on the welfare of homeowner owner who didn't show up to work that morning.
The house and yard were checked by officers and friends, but there was no sign of the owner, a 52-year-old man from Poughkeepsie, police say.
A short time later, the 52-year-old was found dead in the backyard of a neighboring house, according to the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department. His name hasn't been released. The cause of death isn't known at this time.
The Dutchess County Medical Examiner was notified and responded. There will be an autopsy performed Thursday morning to determine the cause of death. We will update this story if more information is released.
On Friday police released the man's name, Eric McRae. On autopsy was conducted by the Dutchess County Medical Examiner. Nothing suspicious was found during the autopsy, according to police. Results of the autopsy are pending the toxicology tests.
- 2 Killed, 2 Injured in Fiery Helicopter Crash
- Hudson Valley Man Mysteriously Found Dead on Halloween
- Hudson Valley Driver Shot, Gucci Bag With Over $2,000 Stolen
- Many Hudson Valley Schools Are Teaming Up to Save Lives
- Cops: Body Found After Elderly Hudson Valley Man Jumps Off Bridge
- Blind Hudson Valley Veteran Aims to Help Lives of Disabled Vets
- 4 Children Accused of Drawing Multiple Swastikas in Hudson Valley
- Manhattanites Are Taking Over the Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Found With 1,440 Bags
- Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Evaded Nearly $1 Million in Taxes
- $596 Million Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley