Hudson Valley City One of the Most Dangerous in America
A new report names a Hudson Valley city as one of the most dangerous cities in all of the United States and the most dangerous in New York.
The study from the National Council for Home Safety and Security ranked Newburgh 29 out of 100 most dangerous cities.
The organization looked into population, violent crime per population and annual trend to compile their list. The National Council for Home Safety and Security then ranked cities based on the average rate of violent crime per 100,000 people.
According to the study, Newburgh has a population of 29,000 with a violent crime rate of 1,639. A silver lining, though: violent crime rate is now down 13 percent in Newburgh from last year, according to the study.
The study found Flint, Michigan to be the most dangerous city in the country. Niagara Falls was the only other city from New York to make the list, coming in at 88.
- Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Spreads to Newark Airport
- Update: Teacher Found Dead in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- High-Risk Sex Offender Found Hiding in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Hudson Valley City One of the Most Dangerous in America
- 4 Hudson Valley Teens Arrested after Home Invasion