Help is Needed As Police Investigate 45-Year Killing of Hudson Valley Man at Gas Station
Police are still hoping for help as they continue to investigate the 45-year-old killing of a Dutchess County man.
Around 11:55 p.m. on Wednesday, November 17, 1971, New York State Police responded to Eddie’s Service Station, at the intersection of Route 9 and County Route 28 in the Town of Wappinger.
Responding troopers found 54-year-old Leonard Monette of Wingdale dead in a dark storeroom in the back of the building.
Monette, the night attendant at the Texaco Station, suffered from head injuries and was stabbed in the back.
It is believed that Monette was killed during a robbery at the gas station, police say.
Monette’s death continues to be investigated by police. Numerous leads have been followed throughout the investigation, however, the suspect has not been brought to justice.
A photo of the alleged suspect is below:
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Wappinger by calling (845) 677-7300. Please refer to SJS # 3018564. All calls may be kept confidential.
- Hudson Valley Major Leaguer To Honor Paralyzed Man
- Missing 93-Year-Old Hudson Valley Man Found
- Long Time Hudson Valley Radio Personality Dies
- Hudson Valley Teen Gunned Down In Streets, Police Continue To Hope For Help
- Woman Slips at Kaaterskill Falls
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold In the Hudson Valley
- New York Giants Legend Spotted in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley