3 From Hudson Valley Indicted on Murder Charges
Three from the Hudson Valley are accused of killing a local man who was fleeing an armed robbery.
On Monday in Ulster County court, a grand jury filed an indictment charging Maurice Stansberry, Sr., Maurice Stansberry, Jr., and Kevin Gardener with murder, for the alleged killing of Mark Lancaster.
Lancaster, 39, of Kingston, was gunned down on Sawkill Road in the Town of Ulster on December 1, 2018, The Office of the Medical Examiner ruled the death a homicide and determined the cause of death to be the result of a gunshot wound, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
The indictment charges all three under New York’s felony murder statute for Lancaster’s death. Lancaster was fatally shot while trying to flee from an armed robbery, officials say.
The indictment all charged all three with robbery and weapons charges.
- Foot of Snow Still Not Ruled Out For Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Longtime Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged With 26 Counts of Animal Cruelty
- Snow Possible This Week for Hudson Valley Before Weekend Snow
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- New York State May Soon Ban Plastic Bags
- 3 Charged In Mob-Controlled Sports Betting Ring In Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons