Weird News: Cow Causes Traffic Jam On New York Highway
The streets and highways around the state of New York can be hazardous enough, but seeing something like this jump out in front of you isn't usually what you're expecting. Luckily, no one was hurt.
NBC is reporting that a runaway cow caused a big back-up on the Bronx part of the Major Deegan Expressway early Tuesday afternoon. NYPD officers and animal control officers were on the scene as they tried to catch the angry cow while not allowing it to cause a wreck.
NBC says that after about a half hour of free time playing on the road, the cow was tethered to a pole and tranquilized. Of course, the agitated cow wasn't going down without a fight. NBC reports that as of now, it is uncertain where exactly it came from.
The cow was unhurt, according to reports.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie