Unlicensed Driver Runs Stop Sign in Ulster County, Police Say
The 21-year old driver failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with another vehicle resulting in her vehicle landing on it's side.
On March 29, at approximately 6:29 a.m. Saugerties Police responded to State Route 32 at the intersection of Glasco Turnpike in Glasco for a reported motor vehicle crash involving two vehicles.
Initial investigation revealed that Jenna N. Smith, 21, was operating a 2016 Toyota Corolla on Glasco Turnpike, when Smith failed to stop for a Stop Sign and yield to oncoming traffic on State Route 32. Smith’s vehicle collided with a 2005 Toyota Prius, operated by 26-year-old Ayla Rector of Kingston.
Smith's vehicle rolled onto it's side as a result of the crash. Smith and an adult passenger suffered minor injuries, and were transported to a local hospital, along with a third passenger, one-year-old child who was not injured in the crash.
As a result of the crash, Smith was charged with failure to stop at a stop sigh, and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, for having a suspended license.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie