Ulster County Man Choked Woman, Threw Her Into Wall, Police Say
The victim's head struck the wall with such force, it broke through the sheetrock wall.
On May 13, at approximately 11:12 p.m. Saugerties Police arrested 51-year-old Kirk McElrath. He was arrested following an investigation into a domestic dispute.
McElrath reportedly grabbed the victim by her neck and began chocking the victim, obstructing the victim’s ability to breath. McElrath then reportedly threw the victim into a wall, where the victim’s head struck with such force, breaking the sheetrock wall.
The victim sustained injuries and was treated by an ambulance on the scene.
McElrath was arraigned in the Village of Saugerties Justice Court, where McElrath was released on his own recognizance, upon the court issuing an order of protection on behalf of the victim.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie