Student From the Hudson Valley Seriously Hurt During Fraternity Hazing
CBS s reporting that a student from Port Chester went into cardiac arrest early Friday after an alleged fraternity house hazing went terribly wrong. details are still sketchy at this time, but the incident happened off campus at a house near the University of Buffalo.
CBS says that police believe the Sigma Pi fraternity may have made the 18 year-old perform excessive exercise which could have contributed to cardiac arrest.
Investigators don't believe, however, that drugs or alcohol were involved. The President for the college says that all Greek life activities have been suspended temporarily as police investigate.
More details as they emerge.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie