Man Threatened Woman With Loaded Shotgun, Police Say
The Ulster County man allegedly threatened the woman with the loaded shotgun in front of two children.
On April 23, at approximately 10:35 p.m. Saugerties Police responded to a 911 call at 353 Washington Avenue Extension for a reported domestic dispute.
Following a police investigation, it was determined that during the course of a domestic dispute with the victim, Allen L. Lawless threatened the victim with a loaded 12-gauge shotgun.
The incident occurred in front of two children, ages 10 and 14.
Lawless was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon, menacing, attempted assault, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
A stay-away order of protection was issued on behalf of the victim and the children. Additionally, all firearms in the residence were seized by police upon court order.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie