Camera Appears to Catch Local Candidate Stealing Campaign Flyers
A Hudson Valley politician is under fire after a doorbell camera seems to show him taking down an opponent's signs.
NBC New York showed footage on Monday night of what appears to be Wappingers Falls highway superintendent, Vincent Bettina, engaging in illegal activity. Surveillance video from a local home shows a campaign worker for the superintendent's opponent, Michael Sheehan, approaching the door and leaving campaign flyers.
Later, Bettina is seen approaching the door. The homeowner, who wishes to remain anonymous, claims that Bettina is seen in the video removing Sheehan's signs and replacing them with his own.
If true, this is not just a case of being a bad sport, it could also be against the law. The incident was reported to the authorities and has gained the attention of the local election board.
After the publication of this article, Bettina did reply to our request for comment. However, the Wappingers Falls Highway Superintendent did not answer our questions or address the specific accusations against him. Instead, he talked about his record. Bettina said,
The voters need to focus on understanding which candidate works for them and which candidate is working for my opponents buddies and can only ask the voters to look at the actual record and see through the smear and dirty politics when deciding who operates best in the interests of our Community .
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie