10-Year East Fishkill Employee Dead After Apparent Murder-Suicide
Investigators believe a longtime Hudson Valley worker was the victim of a murder-suicide plot.
The Hartford Courant reports that Michael Ciorra's death has been ruled a homicide by the state medical examiner's office. His deceased wife, Jennifer Ciorra, is suspected of murdering him before taking her own life.
Michael Ciorra worked for 10 years at IBM in East Fishkill before accepting a position as the director of finance for GlobalFoundries, a semiconductor manufacturing company located in the iPark facility on Route 52.
According to investigators in Connecticut, Ciorra was the victim of “blunt injury of head and stab wounds of trunk." He was discovered dead in his home last Monday along with his wife after authorities were called to their home. Jennifer Ciorra's death was declared a suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.
A grief counselor has been made available to Michael Ciorra's former coworkers at GlobalFoundries. The investigation into his death is ongoing.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie