Woman Arrested for Prostitution at Hudson Valley Business
A woman is facing charges of prostitution and more at a Hudson Valley business.
On Tuesday, East Fishkill Police completed an investigation of illegal activity at the Unique Beauty Spa in the Taconic Plaza on Route 52 in Hopewell Junction.
Detectives, assisted by the Dutchess County Drug Task Force, arrested Wai Yee Chu, 49, of New York City for practicing a profession without a license, a felony and prostitution, a misdemeanor.
Chu, the owner and operator of the Dutchess County business, didn’t have a required New York State massage therapy license and offered to perform a sex act on an undercover officer after giving the officer a massage, police say.
Chu was arraigned in East Fishkill Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail on $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Made Terroristic Threats
- Hudson Valley Jail Among ‘Worst’ in New York
- AG: 16 Violent Hudson Valley Heroin Dealers Charged
- Police:Drunk Hudson Valley Mom Crashes Car With Kids, Hits Police
- 6 Die From Drug Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kills Neighbor's Dog
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley