Which Two Breweries Win Inaugural Taste NY State Wide Craft Beer Challenge
Over the last couple of weeks 70 New York State brewery’s were competing to have the honor of winning the first ever Taste NY Craft Beer Challenge.
Here is a list of just the local Hudson Valley breweries that took place in the competition:
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Co- Elmsford, NY
- Catskill Brewery- Livingston Manor, NY
- Chatham Brewing- Chatham, NY
- Clemson Bros. Brewery- Middletown, NY
- Mill House Brewing Company- Poughkeepsie, NY
- New Paltz Brewing Co. (Pfälzerbräu)- Wawarsing, NY
- Newburgh Brewing Company- Newburgh, NY
- Rip Van Winkle Brewing Co.- Catskill, NY
- Roscoe Beer Company, Roscoe, NY
The online voting took place over a three week period, where over 42,000 people voted for the finalists. The finalists were Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, Genesee Brewing Company in Rochester, Prison City Pub and Brewery in Auburn, The Roscoe NY Beer Co. in Roscoe, and Southern Tier Brewing Company in Lakewood. These finalist competed May 17, 2017 at a blind competition in New York City, where the winners were selected by a celebrity panel.
The two winners (it was a tie) are Brewery Ommegang from Cooperstown and Rosco Beer Company in Roscoe.
Congratulations to all of the breweries that participated. It is you really working hard to create amazing tasting beers that put you in this competition in the first place.