Where to Find the Perfect Christmas Tree in Orange County
Believe it or not, Christmas is right around the corner, and you're going to need the perfect tree for your home.
Now that Halloween is over, we move toward Thanksgiving and Christmas. The season for tree hunting and shopping starts right around Thanksgiving. My family and I always go to the tree farm Thanksgiving weekend to tag our tree, to cut down a few weeks later.
There are so many options for you when it comes to tree farms in Orange County. Going to the tree farm is a great family experience, as you search for the perfect tree, sip on hot chocolate, and take holiday pictures.
Orangetourism.org has 18 tree farms listed as good places to find that perfect tree. Here's five to get you started.
- Emmerich Tree Farm - 101 Sleepy Valley Road, Warwick, N.Y. Choose and cut spruce, pine, and fir situated on a beautiful south-facing hillside. An expanded selection of fir trees will be available for the 2018 season as well as more cut-your-own trees taller than seven feet. Free parking, wagon rides to the field, music, bonfire, and free hot chocolate are available. Open weekends, beginning Friday, November 23, 2018. 845-986-0151
- Farmside Acres - 280 Angola Road, Cornwall, N.Y. Choose from a selection of trees, such as Scotch pine, Douglas fir and blue spruce with saws provided. Visitors can enjoy complimentary candy canes, cider, and donuts upon arrival. Open December 1-2, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 845-534-6382, Facebook: Farmside Acres
- Manza Family Farm - 730 Route 211, Montgomery, N.Y. Farm animals, pony rides, visits from Santa, and real reindeer add to the family fun at Manza Family Farm. Choose from a large selection of freshly-cut Douglas, Fraser, concolor and blue spruce trees, and a variety of wreaths and roping. Find trimmings for your new tree at the farm’s gift shop, as well as hot drinks, food and baked goods. Open daily beginning Friday, November 23 through December 23, 2018. 845-692-4364.
- Pierson's Farm - 1448 Route 211 West, Middletown, N.Y. Explore the wonderful collection of trees, wreaths, roping, poinsettias and a gift shop at Pierson’s Farm. Visitors can choose from a wide selection of precut trees or cut their own. Complimentary hot cider is available. Open daily beginning Saturday, December 1, 2018, through Sunday, December 23, Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday – Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. 845-386-1882
- Stone Oak Tree Farm - 207 Stony Bar Road, Slate Hill, N.Y. Hike more than eight acres and choose from blue spruce, white spruce, and Canaan fir trees. Visit the Bed & Breakfast, featuring a roaring fireplace and gift shop, all in a beautiful timber-framed barn. Open weekends beginning Saturday, November 25, 2018, 10 a.m. to dusk.
Enjoy hunting for the perfect tree this year!