Vehicle Loses Control, Strikes Tree Leaving One Dead, Police Say
The Dutchess County Sheriff's Office is investigating a one-car fatal crash that occurred Tuesday morning.
The crash occurred on Shunpike Rd in the Town of Washington at approxiamtely 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.
A preliminary investigation revealed that a 2007 Honda Accord was traveling weatbound on Shunpike Road near Kennels Road, when the operator lost control, after which the vehicle crossed the center lines, and struck a tree on the northern shoulder.
The operator and sole occupant, who was wearing a seatbelt was pronounced deceased on the scene. the driver's identity is being withheld pending notification of the next of kin.
The investigation is ongoing, however at this time unsafe speed appears to the primary factor in the crash.
The Dutchess County Sheriff's Office will release more information when it becomes available.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie