Ulster County Man Guilty of Obstructing Justice
An Ulster County man who allegedly fought with officers was found guilty of obstructing justice.
In Ulster County Court a jury trial found 27-year-old Fabian Marshall guilty of obstructing governmental administration.
In September of 2015, members of Kingston Police Department responded to a report of an assault on Broadway. Officers attempted to interview Marshall, who was in the same area of the reported assault and matched the description of the assailant, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
Marshall refused to comply with officers requests, became uncooperative and fought with officers, official say.
Marshall will be sentenced on January 8, 2018.
A Hudson Valley activist group posted video of the arrest on Monday. The group alleges police used excessive force while arresting Marshall.
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim’s Corpse in Planter
- Group Alleges Hudson Valley Officer Used Excessive Force [VIDEO]
- 2 Killed In Roll-Over Crash in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley