Ulster County Man Accused of Home Invasion
An Ulster County man is behind bars with a large bail over allegations he stole from a home.
On Monday around 7:45 a.m., Kingston police responded to a reported burglary in process at a home on Florence Street.
Responding officers got a description of the suspect who fled prior to police arrival.
A man who matched the description, 21-year-old Edward S. McCoy of Kingston, was found a short distance from the home, police say.
McCoy was charged with burglary, a felony, and criminal possession of stolen property, a misdemeanor. He was remanded to Ulster County Jail on $100,000 cash bail or $200,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found 42 Years Later
- $350 Million Theme Park Coming to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Placed Explosive Device On Ex’s Car, Police
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley