Traffic Still Backed Up on I-84 In Hudson Valley
Traffic remains on Interstate 84 in the Hudson Valley this morning due to yesterday’s tractor-trailer rollover.
On Thursday afternoon, a tractor-trailer carrying canned goods rolled over on Interstate 84 West and nearly fell off an overpass. The tractor-trailer was dangling over Route 52 in Dutchess County.
The accident happened just before the exit for the Taconic State Parkway. Reports say the tractor-trailer dumped canned goods onto Route 52 below the overpass, leaving that road a mess as well.
According to Hudson Valley traffic reporter Nancy Reamy, traffic remains on both sides of Interstate 84 near the site of the accident Friday morning.
Clean up continues this morning on the westbound side of the highway and the right lane is still closed near exit 16.
"The right lane will be closed until further notice," Reamy said on WPDH at 8:30 a.m.
On the eastbound side, there is another tractor-trailer accident, between exits 15 and 17, due to icy and foggy conditions.
State police investigated Thursday’s accident. The cause is not known at this time. As of this writing, no injuries were reported.
- Galleria Shooting Suspect Turns Himself In
- Video Released of Deadly Explosion Inside Hudson Valley Plant
- Warning: Dog Bone Treats Could Kill Your Pet
- High Risk Sex Offender Moves Closer to Hudson Valley High School
- When Will the Hudson Valley See Its First Major Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Raping Teen
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley