Tractor-Trailer Rollover Sends 1 To Hospital in Putnam County
One person was hospitalized after a tractor-trailer rolled over, causing massive oil spill on a Putnam County highway.
The crash occurred around 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, when a southbound truck hauling a flatbed loaded with concrete blocks lost control and drove off the shoulder of Route 22 just south of the intersection with Havilland Hollow Road in Patterson.
The truck smashed through a guardrail and overturned down an embankment.
Deputies from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office and emergency medical responders aided the injured truck driver, a male who complained of head and neck pain. He was transported to Danbury Hospital for evaluation.
The load of concrete blocks flung from the truck and at least one of the truck fuel tanks was ruptured, spilling diesel fuel onto the ground.
Officials from the New York State Department Environmental Conservation responded to the scene to coordinate a cleanup of the diesel fuel spill, which was estimated at about 125 gallons, police say.
Route 22 was closed for hours following the crash.
- 12 Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Arrested For Not Registering, Police Seek Help Finding Many
- Police Search For Missing Hudson Valley Teen
- Hudson Valley Man Named Local ‘Firefighter of The Year’
- Hudson Valley Man Steals Military Jacket Because Other Person ‘Disrespected Military’
- Hudson Valley School Districts To Receive State Funding For After-School Programs
- Hudson Valley Man Accused Of Hitting Person With Car
Murders, a man masturbating at a local Walmart and a fatal bug that's spreading are a part of this week's Top 5 local news stories.