Top Local Gifts Foodies Might Love to Get This Holiday
Thinking about gifts to give your foodie friends this holiday and want to 'keep it local?' Here are a few of my favorite products from 2017. These are not paid endorsements, just products that I really enjoy that are all based here in the Hudson Valley.
- Crown Maple Black Dirt Bourbon, made in Warwick featuring organic maple syrup from Crown Maple at Madava Farms in Dover Plains. This is a great match up of the two products. Not sweet or artificially flavored maple. Just great bourbon with a subtle maple flavor.
- It also goes without saying that any one of the maple syrup products from Crown Maple will be thoroughly enjoyed by its recipient. Take a trip to Crown Maple and visit for yourself, pick up the gifts while you are there.
- A bottle of wine from one of two favorite local wineries, Millbrook Winery or Clinton Vineyards. On the lower end of the price scale try the Hunt Country White or Red from Millbrook or the Seyval Blanc from Clinton. On the higher end of the scale the Block East Cabernet Franc or the Reserve Chard from Millbrook or the Sparkling wines from Clinton and the Cassis.
- A gift certificate to eat at the Culinary Institute of America. Your recipient can choose the restaurant of their choice.
- Teas from Harney & Sons in Millerton. It is best to go there and do a tasting to try the teas and give your loved ones a tea that you really enjoy. No time for that? The Hot Cinnamon Sunset or their Earl Grey (the bergamont is a good amount. I do not care for any other brand of Earl Grey teas, other than the Harney's it is the best).
- Chocolates from Fruition Chocolates in Woodstock or Shokan. Try it all, try it often. They are limited but the Brown Butter Bourbon Caramels or the Za'tar Pistachios could possibly change your life.
Is there a product that you think should be included in my list? I would love to hear about it email Brandi@wrrv.com. Merry Christmas!