Sullivan County Reminding Residents to Adhere to Burn Ban
Following several brush fires the past week, residents are being reminded to adhere to the the burn ban.
Sullivan County Fire Coordinator John Hauschild is re-emphasizing the fact that the burn ban is in effect until May 15.
There is a statewide ban on open burning till then, and I cannot stress enough the need to follow it,”he remarked. The ban is instituted every year and helps protect both Sullivan County residents and first-responders. The snow is gone and temperatures are rising, but the vegetation is still dry and easily set aflame by sparks and ash.
For more details on the burn ban, visit the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's website. The webiste list all the do's and don'ts when it comes to burning.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie