Poughkeepsie PBA Reveals Secret Trick to Avoid Speeding Tickets
You may never get a traffic ticket again thanks to this secret trick.
The Town of Poughkeepsie PBA has been stepping up their social media game. Since the beginning of the year rolled around we've noticed more Tweets coming from their official Twitter account. Besides including the usual announcements and public service messages, the PBA account has also been posting interesting articles and information from around the region.
One Tweet that got our attention was titled "This simple trick prevents the police from ever giving you a speeding ticket again." Of course, we were intrigued. What secret could the Poughkeepsie PBA know that would stop us from getting ticketed for speeding? And, more importantly, why would they be sharing it with us?
The Tweet led to a link from the Ride Brotherhood which laid out three simple steps to avoid a traffic ticket.
1. Look closely at the signs on the road that show you the speed limit. The number indicated is the maximum speed you can travel. Whether you’re on foot, bike or car.
2. Try to locate your car’s speedometer. You normally find it somewhere in front of the driver’s seat, on the dashboard. It has an arrow pointing to the number that reflects the car’s speed. On newer cars, the speed is sometimes displayed digitally, with numbers.
3. This last point is also the hardest. Adjust your speed according to the number shown on the road sign. The police can not fine you if you do not drive over this number.
Sounds simple, but from what we hear it actually works!
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie