Police: Woman Stole Identity to Obtain Medical Benefits
A Delaware County woman is accused of stealing someone’s identity in order to obtain medical benefits in the Hudson Valley.
Following a long investigation, New York State Police from Wurtsboro arrested 36-year-old Stacey L. Wilson of Grand Gorge for forgery, insurance fraud, identity theft, all felonies, and criminal impersonation, a misdemeanor.
Wilson allegedly used the identity of another person to obtain medical benefits from Catskill Regional Medical Center on May 16.
The police investigation also revealed that 36-year-old forged the name of the other person while obtaining the undisclosed medical benefits, authorities say.
Wilson was found in Delaware County by State Police investigators. She was arraigned in Town of Mamakating Court and remanded to Sullivan County Jail on $5,000 cash bail, $10,000 bond.
State Police in Wurtsboro were assisted by the Sullivan County District Attorney’s Office, the State Police in Margaretville, and the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department during the course of this investigation.
- Galleria Shooting Suspect Turns Himself In
- Video Released of Deadly Explosion Inside Hudson Valley Plant
- Warning: Dog Bone Treats Could Kill Your Pet
- High Risk Sex Offender Moves Closer to Hudson Valley High School
- When Will the Hudson Valley See Its First Major Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Raping Teen
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley