Police: Wanted Hudson Valley Woman Stole From Price Chopper
A wanted Hudson Valley woman was found after she allegedly stole groceries from a local Price Chopper.
On Tuesday, Saugerties police responded to the Price Chopper on Ulster Avenue for a reported petit larceny complaint.
An asset protection employee stopped a woman who passed the purchasing points in the store and was caught near the entrance with bags of groceries she didn’t pay for, police say.
Laura Barclay, 40, of Saugerties was processed at Saugerties police headquarters on the misdemeanor charge of petit larceny.
A file check of Barclay revealed that she was wanted on a warrant of arrest issued in Dutchess County for an unrelated charge, according to Saugerties police. Barclay was turned over to the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office.
- What were 2 Oscar Winners Doing in the Hudson Valley?
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Record-Breaking Deer Hunting Season in New York
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley