Police: Wanted Hudson Valley Man Who Fled Halfway House Arrested
A wanted Hudson Valley man who is accused of fleeing a halfway house was found and arrested.
Alfred Franklin, 33, of Liberty was arrested on a Federal Arrest Warrant for escape.
Franklin, who was released to a halfway house after serving a federal prison sentence for narcotics offenses, escaped from the facility, police say.
A joint investigation by Sullivan County Fraud Task Force, United States Department of Homeland Security, United States Marshals Service and Liberty Police Department, revealed that Franklin was visiting a home in the Village of Liberty.
Franklin was arrested, processed by the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office and turned over to the United States Marshals Service.
- Up to a Foot of Snow Predicted for Parts of the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Cop Admits to being Racially Hostile At Cab Driver
- Car Flips Over Into Woods on Taconic in Dutchess County
- 3 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Sexually Abused 3 Children
- Alleged Hudson Valley Gang Members Accused of Multiple Murders
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley