Police: Vassar Employee Stole $6,000 From College
A Vassar college employee is accused of making over $6,000 worth of unauthorized purchases using a college credit card.
On Tuesday, the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department arrested 34-year-old Merlisha A. Celestin of Beacon following an investigation into the unauthorized use of a Vassar College credit card.
While employed at the college, during a six-month period, Celestin made a number of unauthorized purchases, totaling over $6,000, using the college's credit card, police say.
Celestin was charged with grand larceny, a felony.
- Hudson Valley Man Attacked By Cougar, Friend Killed
- Baby Hit and Killed by Father in Hudson Valley on Memorial Day
- Hudson Valley Brothers Still Missing After Car Crashes Into River
- Man Falls to Death During Difficult Hike Near Hudson Valley
- Police: Dutchess Teen Sexually Abused Child, Provided Alcohol