Police: Ulster Man Found with Loaded Gun, High-capacity Magazine
A man is accused of driving around the Hudson Valley with a loaded gun and a high-capacity magazine.
Members of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office report the arrest of 25-year-old Matthew R. Harder of Stone Ridge for two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, felonies.
On Sunday around 2:50 p.m., deputies stopped a car on Lucas Avenue in the Town of Rosendale for alleged vehicle and traffic violations.
A further investigation revealed Harder, a passenger, was in possession of a loaded Glock 9mm handgun without a permit and a loaded thirty round magazine, police say.
Harder was arraigned in the Town of Rosendale Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or $30,000 secured bond.
- Popular Brand-New Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Who Raped Teens Moves Near High School
- Insane Photos Show Rollover Tractor-trailer on I-84
- 2 Charged With DWI After One-Car Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman ‘Left to Die by Ex’ Appears on Dr. Phil
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Lefts Dogs Outside Without Food, Water
- Hudson Valley Woman Wanted Again
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley