Police: Ulster County Woman Used Stolen Credit Card at Walmart
An Ulster County woman is accused of using a credit card from Florida to make a large purchase at a local Walmart.
On May 31, 2017 the Ulster Police Department received a complaint from Palm Bay Police Department in Florida regarding the fraudulent use of a Florida resident’s credit card.
Police were told the missing credit card from Florida was used to make around $850 in purchases at Walmart in the Town of Ulster.
As a result of an investigation, Maria R. Modeen, 53, of Kingston was identified as completing the fraudulent transactions, police say.
Modeen was charged with grand larceny, a felony, and a misdemeanor for petit larceny. She was processed and released to appear in the Town of Ulster Court at a later date to answer the charges.
- Marine From Hudson Valley Among Those Killed in Mississippi Crash
- Hudson Valley Couple Killed in Apparent Murder-Suicide
- New York Man Dies From Rare Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus
- Teen Accused of Cashing Checks Stolen From Mailboxes All Over The Hudson Valley
- Video Released Over Alleged Assault Between Two Hudson Valley Police Officers
Check out this weeks top 5 news stories from the past week in the Hudson Valley