Police: Sullivan County Woman Shoots Ceiling with Shotgun, hits Upstairs Apartment
A Sullivan County woman is accused of using a shotgun to shoot through the ceiling of her apartment.
On Wednesday, Monticello Police arrested 47-year-old Nanette Barnes of Monticello with reckless endangerment, a felony.
Barnes was arrested following an investigation into reports of a shotgun being fired off inside the woman’s Sleepy Hollow apartment complex at Terry Lane in the Village of Monticello.
Barnes fired from a shotgun into the ceiling of her apartment in the evening on Friday February 24. The shotgun round then traveled through the floor and into the apartment above Barnes, police say.
The incident wasn’t reported to police until a few days later. A search warrant at the home allegedly resulted in 69 rounds of 12 gauge 00 buckshot being recovered.
Barnes was arraigned in Village of Monticello Court and remanded to the Sullivan County Jail on $10,000. bail pending further court action. Police are still searching for the shotgun Barnes allegedly used.
- 12 Hudson Valley Families Homeless After Fire
- High Risk Sex Offender Moves to Popular Area in Hudson Valley
- 1 Person Killed, 2 Injured in Orange County Car Crash
- Police: New Paltz Man Damages Property While Driving Drunk, Hits Woman & Found With A Pound of Pot in Car
- Hudson Valley Account Accused of Stealing Client’s Stocks, Opening Up Credit Card In Client’s Name