Police: Orange County Man Had Weed-Growing Operation, Illegal Guns
An Orange County man is accused pointing a laser pointer into other cars, operating a marijuana growing operation inside his home and owning three illegal guns.
On Saturday, New York State Police were called to investigate a suspicious person driving around and shining a laser light at other vehicles in the Town of Hamptonburgh.
Herbet T. Ackerson, 63, of Town of Hamptonburgh is accused of using the laser pointer.
During the course of the investigation, authorities allegedly discovered that Ackerson possessed a number of marijuana plants and three handguns which he lacked any permits for.
It was also determined that Ackerson had a marijuana growing operation in his home with a large amount of already processed marijuana vegetation, police say.
Ackerson was charged with criminal possession of marijuana, a felony, three counts of criminal possession of a weapon and unlawfully growing cannabis, misdemeanors.
Ackerson was arraigned in the Town of Hamptonburgh Court and was remanded to Orange County Jail on $1,500 cash or $3,000 bond. He is due back in court in late March.
- Everything You Need To Know About Winter Storm Stella In The Hudson Valley
- Game of Thrones Star Is Coming to the Hudson Valley
- If You Are Wondering What It Looks Like To Drive In Winter Storm Stella, Here You Go
- Two Charged With Stealing Over $2,000 From Local Walmart
- Hudson Valley Couple Made Up Robbery at Local Store, Police Say
- Over 30 Arrested Following Drug Raids In The Hudson Valley