Police: Number of People Overdose in Hudson Valley Motel in Front of Child
A number of people allegedly overdosed in a local motel with a young child in the room.
On Friday at 11:37 p.m., the Ulster Police Department responded to a report of an overdose at the Sunset Park Motel in the Town of Ulster.
First responders found and treated a number of people for overdose symptoms while a four-year-old was in the motel room, police say.
Crystal Escalara, 24, 22-year-old Kristen Drake, both of Kingston, 25-year-old Angel J. Lara and 26-year-old Orlando Marmolejos, both of Florida, were all charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
The child was in good health and turned over to the custody of Ulster County Child Protective Services, officials say.
Escalara was remanded to the Ulster County Jail on $1,000 cash bail $1,500 bond. The other three on $500 cash or $750 bond.
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Upstate New York
- Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Murder, Again
- 600 Positions Available At New Hudson Valley Casino, Free Training Offered
- Contagious Disease is Spreading in the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Rabid Fox Attacks Woman in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley