Police: Man Running Down I-684 Found With Cocaine
Police observed the man running down the northbound lanes I-684 at 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
On April 4, 2018, at approximately 4:00 a.m. Troopers were dispatched to Interstate 684 in the Town of Southeast for a report of a suspicious person in the roadway.
Once on the scene, troopers observed the man, identified as Roger B. Sherwood, 54, of Brooklyn, running in the northbound lanes of Interstate 684.
When troopers activated their emergency lights, Sherwood ran into the median and could be seen throwing a small plastic bag.
Sherwood was taken into custody without further incident. Police located the small plastic bag, which contained approximately 2.4 grams of cocaine.
Sherwood was arraigned in the Town of Southeast Court and remanded to Putnam County jail without bail. He is scheduled to return to court this month.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie