Police Investigate Fatal Crash in Columbia County
Police are investigating a fatal crash that occurred in the Town of Hillsdale on Saturday.
On Saturday, April 7, at approximately 1:10 p.m. New York State Police troopers were dispatched to State Route 22 near Sawyer Road in the Town of Hillsdale, for a personal injury motor vehicle crash with entrapment.
An initial investigation suggests that the vehicle operated by Gus Segschneider, age 69, of Hillsdale, was traveling northbound on State Route 22. A southbound vehicle, operated by a 75-year-old female, of Great Barrington, MA crossed over the double-yellow lines, entering the northbound lane, and struck Segschneider's vehicle.
The passenger in the northbound vehicle, Donna Segschneider, age 63, of Hillsdale was pronounced deceased at the scene. Gus Segschneider was transported to the Hillsdale Fire station and airlifted to Albany Medical Center.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie