Police: HV Children’s Home Employee Used Physical Force
A staff member at a Dutchess County children's home was arrested after she allegedly used physical force against a child.
On May, 8, 2018, state police responded to Astor Home for Children and Families on Mill Street in the Village of Rhinebeck for a report of an Astor Home staff member using physical force with a service recipient.
According to a press release, Samara Nesheiwat, age 24, of Poughkeepsie threw a child less than 13 years of age to the ground, and was subsequently arrested.
Nesheiwat was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. She was issued appearance tickets returnable to the Village of Rhinebeck Court at a later date.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie