Police: Hudson Valley Plumber Scammed Customers
A Hudson Valley plumber is accused of defrauding many customers. Police believe more victims are likely.
On Tuesday, New York State Police in Liberty arrested 41-year-old Donald McBride of Smallwood for two counts of grand larceny and scheme to defraud, all felonies.
McBride is a contractor doing business as “Mr. and Mrs. Plumbing Service,” based in Sullivan County, police say. He is accused of defrauding customers by accepting money for work to be done at home's and never starting or completing the work.
McBride was remanded to Sullivan County Jail with no bail.
This investigation remains open. The public is encouraged to contact the state police in Liberty at 845-292-6600 if they have any information regarding this investigation.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Could See Up to 9 Inches of Snow
- Group of Hudson Valley Residents Save Baby Bear's Life
- Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Largest in Decades
- Upcoming Snow Should Make Many Hudson Valley Commutes 'Hazardous'
- Seinfeld, Gervais Dine at Hudson Valley Bakery
- 12 Hudson Valley Areas Among Most Prosperous in New York
- Snow Predicted For the Hudson Valley By End Of The Week
- Police: Hudson Valley Women Told Many Their Building Was On Fire
- Deadly Turkey Salmonella Outbreak Reaches New York
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Sexually Touching Child