Police: Hudson Valley Mother Leaves Child in Hotel Parking Lot
A local mother is accused of leaving her 3-year-old in the parking lot of a Hudson Valley hotel. The mother was later found at a different hotel.
On Sunday, New York State Police from Wappinger responded to a report of a 3-year-old child who was found unattended in a hotel parking lot.
It took troopers over an hour to find the mother, who was staying at a different hotel, police say.
Kelley M. McCann, 26, of Fishkill was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor. She was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the Village of Fishkill Justice Court on September 25.
Troopers were assisted at the scene by Child Protective Services and the Village of Fishkill Police Department.
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
- Personal Information Stolen From Over 8 Million New Yorkers
- Hudson Valley Gang Leader Guilty of Attempted Murder, More
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Girl Moves Millions With Incredible Voice
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley