Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child, Other Victims Possible
A Hudson Valley Man is accused sexually touching an underage child.
On Monday, New York State Police from Brewster arrested 54-year-old Fernando Cardenas of Mahopac for course of sexual conduct against a child, a felony, and endangering the welfare of child, a misdemeanor.
An investigation conducted by the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and uniform members revealed that between 2008 and 2009, Cardenas had sexual contact with a child who was under the age of 12, police say.
More victims are possible. Anyone with additional information regarding Cardenas is encouraged to contact the State Police by calling (845) 677-7300. All calls can remain confidential, officials say.
Cardenas was arraigned in the Putnam County Court and remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $100,000 cash bail or $200,000 bond. He’s scheduled to reappear in Putnam County Court on Oct. 4.
- Funeral Set For Hudson Valley Fire Captain
- Teen Hit By Car Crossing Street Near Local School
- Have You Seen This Man Who Is Wanted For Trying To Rape a Hudson Valley Woman?
- DOH: Hudson Valley Doctor Infected Patients With Hepatitis
- Poisonous Caterpillar Found in New York
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley