Police: Hudson Valley Man Passed Out in Car With Car in Drive
A Hudson Valley man was allegedly found passed out in his car with the car in drive and his foot on the brake at a well-traveled intersection.
On Sunday around 8 p.m., Town of Kent Police received a call about a car at the intersection of Route 52 and Route 311 with the driver slumped behind the wheel.
Responding offers found the driver, 28-year-old Andrew Seibert of Stormville , passed out, with his car in drive and his foot on the brake, police say.
After police woke Seibert up, he allegedly failed a field sobriety test. The 28-year-old is also accused of possessing nine packets of heroin.
Seibert was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs. He was remanded to the Putnam County Correctional Facility in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond. Seibert is due in Town of Kent Court on Dec. 4.
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim’s Corpse in Planter
- Group Alleges Hudson Valley Officer Used Excessive Force [VIDEO]
- 2 Killed In Roll-Over Crash in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley