Police: Hudson Valley Man Beat, Stole From Relative
A Hudson Valley man clearly wasn’t in the holiday spirit when he allegedly assaulted and stole from a family member.
On Tuesday around 1:30 p.m., members from the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on Woodward Hill Road in Pine Plains for a report of a disturbance.
Arriving officers learned that a man allegedly forced his way into a relative's home, assaulted a family member, caused damage to the home and stole a cell phone before fleeing the scene.
Police later learned that there is an order of protection in place for the victim.
A few hours later, authorities named 41-year-old Gerald J. Moore of Poughkeepsie as the suspect. He was found and charged with burglary, robbery, criminal contempt, all felonies, criminal mischief, assault, petit larceny and resisting arrest, misdemeanors.
Moore was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
- Police ID Man Killed in Hudson Valley Plant Explosions, 125 Hurt
- Man Dies Scuba Diving in The Hudson Valley
- At Least 6 Killed in Mafia-Style Murders in The Hudson Valley
- New Windsor Factory Once Site of Work Shooting That Left 2 Dead
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Made Terroristic Threat
- Hudson Valley Man Violently Raped Elderly Woman
- Doctor Accused of Abusing Hudson Valley Woman, 16 Others
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley