Police: Elderly Hudson Valley Man Attempted To Rob Bank
An elderly Hudson Valley man was arrested after he returned to a local bank that he allegedly attempted to rob.
On Feb. 6, police were told a man entered the Citizen's Bank on Vassar Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie and attempted to rob a teller. The man didn't display a weapon and left the bank on foot without any proceeds, police say.
On Saturday, Citizen's Bank contacted the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department and said the suspect from the previous attempt was in a car in the bank parking lot.
The suspect, 74-year-old Richard P. Fuhrmann of Highland, left before police arrived. After a brief investigation, he was found and charged with attempted robbery, a felony.
Fuhrmann was remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
- Snake Hangs From Doorknob at Hudson Valley Home (PHOTOS)
- Police: Hudson Valley Father And Son Sexually Abused Children
- Search For Missing Hudson Valley Brothers Called Off
- Dutchess County Town Clerk Stole Over $27,000 From Town
- Hudson Valley Teacher To Compete in Hit Reality TV Show
- Hudson Valley Man Attacked By Cougar, Friend Killed
- Baby Hit and Killed by Father in Hudson Valley on Memorial Day
- Man Falls to Death During Difficult Hike Near Hudson Valley