Police: Dutchess County Woman Charged With Welfare Fraud
A Wappingers Falls woman was arrested following an investigation conducted by the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office.
The investigation revealed that Ann Marie Rosario, 48, of Wappingers Falls, illegally obtained over $3,000 in SNAP benefits between June 2016 and September 2016, by allegedly concealing the fact that she had other outside income.
Rosario was charged with Welfare Fraud third-degree, a class d felony. She was arraigned in the City of Poughkeepsie Court and released with an appearance ticket.
Rosario is schedule to return to court next month.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie