Police: Dutchess County Man Started Fight With Protected Person
A Dutchess County man is accused of starting a fight with someone who had an order of protection against him.
On Saturday, New York State Police from Wappinger arrested 32-year-old Hakim M. Muhammad of Poughkeepsie for criminal contempt, a felony.
Troopers responded for the report of a fight in progress on West Merritt Boulevard in the Town of Fishkill. An investigation revealed that Muhammad violated an order of protection by starting a fight with the protected party, police say.
Muhammad was arraigned at the Town of Fishkill Justice Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 property bond.
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Kills Children’s Father
- 8 Accused of Moving to Hudson Valley to Sell Large Amounts of Heroin
- Hudson Valley Police Save Potential Suicidal Woman
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley