Police: Dutchess County Couple Found With $5,000 Worth of Drugs
A couple was found driving around Dutchess County with allegedly a large amount of heroin and more in their car.
On Wednesday, the New York State Police Hudson Valley Community Narcotics Enforcement Team arrested 35-year-old Michael L. Harrison and 26-year-old Dominique M. Amodeo both of Poughkeepsie, for criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell and criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies.
During the course of a narcotics investigation, investigators pulled over the couple’s car on Main Street in the City of Poughkeepsie.
Glassine bags used for packaging heroin were seen in plain sight, police say.
According to police, a further investigation found that both were in possession of over 300 decks of heroin with an estimated value of over $3,000 and around one gram of crack-cocaine, worth about $2,000.
Harrison was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $75,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond. Amodeo was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
The Hudson Valley Community Narcotics Enforcement Team was assisted by Troopers from SP Rhinebeck, SP Wappinger, City of Poughkeepsie Police Department, and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police.
- Child Dies From the Flu in Hudson Valley
- Ruling Made in Fatal Crash Involving Hudson Valley Police Officer
- Potentially Dangerous Animal Terrorizes Hudson Valley Town
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- $4,000 Found and Returned Outside Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Resident Selected in Major League Soccer Draft
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley