Police: Drunk Man Passes Out in Running Car in Grocery Store Parking Lot
A Hudson Valley man is accused of passing out drunk in his car, with the engine running and door open, at a local grocery store parking lot.
On Tuesday around 3:30 p.m., officers responded for a welfare check of a man passed out in a car, with the engine still running and the driver’s side door open, in the parking lot of My Market on Route 32 in the Town of Rosendale.
After interviewing the driver, 54-year-old David C. Dahl of Kingston, police allege Dahl was intoxicated.
During the interview, Dahl was unable to maintain his balance and fell to the ground injuring himself, police say.
He was treated at the scene by members of the Rosendale Fire Department and Mobile Life Support Services before being transported to the Health Alliance, Broadway Campus.
Dahl was charged with driving while intoxicated. Additional charges might be filed, police say.
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Kills Children’s Father
- 8 Accused of Moving to Hudson Valley to Sell Large Amounts of Heroin
- Hudson Valley Police Save Potential Suicidal Woman
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley