Police: Drunk Man Causes Rollover Accident in Dutchess County
A man who crashed his car, causing it to land on its roof, is accused of driving double the legal limit of intoxication.
On Saturday around 11:20 p.m., Red Hook Police received a call reporting a single vehicle rollover crash on Feller Newmark Road just east of Crestwood Road.
Responding officers determined that 27-year-old Nikko T. Garcia of Waterbury, CT, lost control of his 2015 Toyota while traveling east on Feller Newmark Road.
The car left the roadway, hit two trees, flipped over and came to a complete stop on its roof.
Garcia and a passenger, a 27-year-old Connecticut, man sustained minor injuries but refused medical treatment, police say.
Garcia was found to be intoxicated and allegedly provided a breath test which resulted in a .16% blood alcohol content, twice the legal limit.
Garcia was charged with two counts of drunken driving, both misdemeanors, as well as multiple traffic infractions. He was processed and released to the custody of a family member with a future court date.
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies in Off-Duty Crash
- Hudson Valley Man in Critical Condition Following Head-on Crash In Dutchess County
- Local Officials Warn of ‘Mystery Shoppers Scam’
- $2.6 Million Awarded To Local Law Enforcement To Fight Gun Violence
- Police: Dutchess County Man Touched Woman on ‘Intimate Parts Of Her Body’