Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Drove Wrong-Way on Highway
A Hudson Valley man is accused of driving drunk the wrong way on the highway near Bethel Woods and the Monticello Raceway.
On Friday, New York State Police from Liberty spotted a car driving in the wrong direction on Route 17 near exit 102. The car nearly struck a trooper's car, police say.
The car was stopped and during an interview police allegedly smelled alcohol and detected the smell of alcohol coming from 38-year-old Jendris Padilla's breath.
The South Fallsburg man then failed sobriety tests, police say. He was taken to State Police headquarters in Liberty and charged with driving while intoxicated.
He was released to a third party and is scheduled to appear in the town of Thompson Court at a later date.
No injuries were reported.
- 2 Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crashes, Others Injured
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Stings Leads to 14 Charged
- Former King, Queen of England Enjoyed Hot Dogs in Hudson Valley
- Officials Try to Eliminate Giant 'Horror Plant' in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Snake Falls On Top of Sleeping New York Man
- Woman Arrested After Hudson Valley Pot Farm Fire, Police Say
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Saves Pregnant Woman's Life