Police: Drunk Driver Injures 2 Officers In Hudson Valley
An alleged drunk Dutchess County man is accused of injuring two police officers after he was pulled over.
On Saturday around 10 p.m., an officer from the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department pulled over a car for allegedly speeding on South Road.
Police allege the driver, 28-year-old Rony Ariel Ramos-Perez of Wappingers Falls, was drunk and attempted to arrest him.
Ramos-Perez punched and bit one officer and caused minor injuries to a second officer at the scene, police say.
Ramos-Perez was charged with assault, a felony, aggravated DWI, resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration, misdemeanors.
Ramos-Perez was sent to Dutchess County Jail on $100,000 cash bail or $200,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Attacked By Cougar, Friend Killed
- Baby Hit and Killed by Father in Hudson Valley on Memorial Day
- Hudson Valley Brothers Still Missing After Car Crashes Into River
- Man Falls to Death During Difficult Hike Near Hudson Valley
- Police: Dutchess Teen Sexually Abused Child, Provided Alcohol